One of Us is looking for a 2D Supervisor to join our team in Paris. You will be working in a collaborative and cosy environment within a friendly community of experienced and creative supervisors, leads and artists of all disciplines.
The 2D Supervisors at One of Us play a key role in driving the overall direction of the 2D department. In addition to managing the project as a whole, they will work alongside other 2D Supervisors in London to develop the whole 2D Team.
The 2D Supervisor will be the driving force of the creative and look development process, along with the VFX and CG Supervisors. The Supervisor will work directly and collaboratively managing and supervising the team of compositors, briefing them and providing constructive feedback. Being able to ensure consistency and develop production methodologies, creative approaches and problem-solving is a large part of the position. The Supervisor will also be managing the production workflow and pipeline, as well as the production bidding for current and future projects.
- Working closely with production to schedule work
- Directing tasks to junior, mid and senior level artists
- Taking responsibility for the quality of work for the team as a whole, as well as reviewing and finalising all frames before submission
- Working proactively and collaboratively with all other VFX and support departments
- Attending client reviews and lead daily reviews with the Compositing team
- Communicating client notes and delivering feedback and instructions to artists
- Balancing the creative and technical aspects of each shot/sequence and ensuring quality standards are met
- Solving any difficult technical and artistic compositing challenges of a shot or sequence
- Taking a leadership role in guiding the longer-term goals of the 2D department, covering both building up a team of Compositors as well as 2D pipeline development, including taking into account stereoscopic projects
- On set VFX supervision for (but not limited to) 2D based projects
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Excellent communication skills (with immediate team and other departments of the visual effect pipeline)
- Deep understanding of film VFX processes and pipeline
- Expert user of Nuke
- Critical eye for detail
- Highly organised
- Knowledge of Python scripting
- Basic working knowledge of Maya and Photoshop
- A familiarity with Linux and Windows Operating Systems
All roles, including hybrid/remote opportunities, at One of Us require candidates to reside in the UK or France, depending on the location of the role, or must be willing to relocate for the duration of the contract. All candidates must disclose if they have an existing Right to Work in the relevant country, or would require sponsorship support, i.e. Visa.
These positions are open for short-term contracts with potential extension to open-ended contracts. Successful candidates requiring a Visa to work in France will be informed of the necessary application process.
Ces postes sont ouverts aux contrats CDD avec extension potentielle à des contrats CDI. Les candidats retenus qui nécessiteraient un visa pour travailler sur le sol français recevront les détails nécessaires sur les démarches à suivre.
Veuillez noter que l'entretien se déroulera en anglais.
We Accept YOU
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger, more creative and ultimately better at what we do. Being respectful and kind to people irrespective of race, colour, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability is what we expect of everyone who works for One of Us. If you feel the same, come and join us.
One of Us as a force for good!
We care about our staff, clients, the community we work in and the world we live in. We want to have a positive impact for all of our stakeholders. This commitment means we have begun our journey to becoming a certified B Corp and not only make beautiful pictures, but to create a fairer, more sustainable future. Stay tuned for updates on our journey!