One of Us is looking for an experienced TD to contribute to the full range of VFX pipeline responsibilities; e.g editorial and data workflows, asset management and production management systems on a show level.
Their aim is to help streamline and develop tools which can help with automation of tasks, collation of data into information and overall efficiency for making the show more productive and enjoyable.
The role sees the applicant forming part of the core makeup of a show team delivering a AAA+ creature based show of dragon size.
- Design and write Python tools and scripts for shows to use
- Provide technical advice and support for artists
- Contribute to testing and feedback for software releases from the R&D team
- Act as a key interface between between our software developers and our artists, adapting your communication style and approach to articulate technical and non-technical information
- Maintain and Developing Show Specific artist facing tools that are easy to learn and use
- Create user-friendly documentation and tutorials for new tools and workflows
- Excellent Python and Linux skills
- Experience with interaction with 3D Packages like Houdini and Maya
- Ideally experience developing with Shotgrid and Shotgrid Toolkit
- Knowledge of industry-standard scene data formats: Alembic, USD, OpenEXR
- Experience with revision control and release management: Git, Perforce/SVN
- Experience developing tools and or plug-ins in at least one high end VFX software package, e.g. Maya, Houdini, Nuke
- Communication: an ability to express yourself concisely, a willingness to speak up and a conviction to keep everyone informed of progress and issues
- Creativity: an insightful and analytical thinker and a creative problem solver. A knack for simplifying complex processes
- Proven experience in the visual effects, animation, games or other computer graphics related industries
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or other relevant area of study and/or equivalent job experience
- Understanding of colour science and its application to VFX (OCIO, ACES)
- Experience with developing tools for editorial (Nuke Studio, RV, etc.) and data I/O
- Experience with GUI toolkits: Qt, PyQt/PySide
- Experience with JIRA Ticket Management
We Accept YOU
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger, more creative and ultimately better at what we do. Being respectful and kind to people irrespective of race, colour, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability is what we expect of everyone who works for One of Us. If you feel the same, come and join us.
One of Us as a force for good!
We care about our staff, clients, the community we work in and the world we live in. We want to have a positive impact for all of our stakeholders. This commitment means we have begun our journey to becoming a certified B Corp and not only make beautiful pictures, but to create a fairer, more sustainable future. Stay tuned for updates on our journey!