A Look Development Artist at One of Us is a creative who embraces and builds eye-catching assets. Our Senior Look Development TDs are responsible for creating a range of digital assets to a high standard for our exciting slate of film and TV projects.
As part of our CG team, you will work closely with our texture artists, modellers and lighters. This collaboration requires you to join forces with other crew to produce the best possible result. All assets created will support the workflow requirements to aid the smooth running of production so it’s important you have the ability to create and design look development that is simple, elegant and easy to pass on to other artists.
You will need to be organised, proactive and highly motivated. We are looking for a good team player who can communicate effectively with the team in an approachable and personable way. Calm under pressure and committed to meeting deadlines with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Previous VFX industry experience, working on assets for feature films or high quality episodics
- The ability to produce high-end assets under strict deadlines from onset reference
- Understanding of the pipeline as a whole and experience working collaboratively with other departments
- Solid understanding of look development fundamentals and tools
- Good understanding of colour and lighting
- Good understanding of physically plausible rendering
- Understanding of rendering efficiency, providing assets to effectively work within the different shot requirements
Nice to have:
- Experience using Substance Designer and Substance Painter
- Previous experience working with Arnold
- Experience working with Mari
- Previous experience shading fur and hair
- Ability to pick up new tools quickly
- Excellent communicator
- Team orientated
- Willingness to learn and develop your skills
- Problem solver
- Great eye for detail
We Accept YOU
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger, more creative and ultimately better at what we do. Being respectful and kind to people irrespective of race, colour, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability is what we expect of everyone who works for One of Us. If you feel the same, come and join us.
One of Us as a force for good!
We care about our staff, clients, the community we work in and the world we live in. We want to have a positive impact for all of our stakeholders. This commitment means we have begun our journey to becoming a certified B Corp and not only make beautiful pictures, but to create a fairer, more sustainable future. Stay tuned for updates on our journey!