Prep and Roto Artists work closely with the Compositors using a variety of paint techniques to seamlessly prepare plates for Compositors to use for visual effects shots.
- Removing rigs and wires using Nuke and other frame by frame painting software
- De-graining and re-graining paint work before it leaves the department
- Have an understanding of Nukes 3D environment to project clean plates and understand how to use UV projections
- Be able to dustbust plates and do scratch removal
- A willingness to learn new techniques
- Previous experience leading a show or team is a plus
- Checking shots published by other artists
- Checking in with other crew members to identify need of help or direction
- Ability to give feedback, concise and clear notes and offer training where required
- Knowledge of checking outsourced work is a plus
- A working knowledge of Nuke
- A knowledge and interest in photography and digital manipulation is helpful
- A critical eye for detail and strong communication skills
- A good artist talent with a knowledge of composition and colour
- A strong eye for detail and precision
- Able to work under pressure amongst a large team
- Able to take direction and feedback well from Compositors and Supervisors
Measures of Performance:
- Quality of paint work
- On time delivery
All roles, including hybrid/remote opportunities, at One of Us require candidates to reside in the UK or France, depending on the location of the role, or must be willing to relocate for the duration of the contract. All candidates must disclose if they have an existing Right to Work in the relevant country, or would require sponsorship support, i.e. Visa.
We Accept YOU
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger, more creative and ultimately better at what we do. Being respectful and kind to people irrespective of race, colour, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability is what we expect of everyone who works for One of Us. If you feel the same, come and join us.
One of Us as a force for good!
We care about our staff, clients, the community we work in and the world we live in. We want to have a positive impact for all of our stakeholders. This commitment means we have begun our journey to becoming a certified B Corp and not only make beautiful pictures, but to create a fairer, more sustainable future. Stay tuned for updates on our journey!