One of Us is looking for a Senior Houdini Creature Technical Director. You will be responsible for creating CFX setups, running muscles sims, flesh-surface, hair sims, rigid and cloth simulations. You have an excellent eye for detail and will be able to wrangle rigging/animation and creature pipeline issues proficiently under the direction and guidance of your supervisors. You are comfortable building scalable, team-friendly CFX setups and thrive when working as part of a team.
- Advanced knowledge in setting up and running Houdini cloth, hair, muscle and flesh-volume simulations
- Wrangle creature rigging issues for artists in other disciplines
- Mentor entry level artists
- Script utilities/tools/plug-ins in various software packages
- Wrangle creature pipeline issues for artists in other disciplines
- Act as wrangler for a creature and/or a specific technique used across multiple creatures
- Proficiency in hero-creature rigging and enveloping a bonus
- Explore different approaches to interpret complex creative briefs and have a balance of artistic and technical skills
- Work with sculpt tools to include additional detail and clean-up to finalise simulation work
- Contribute to discussions around Houdini CFX pipeline and tools
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Advanced knowledge of Houdini
- Previous experience on CG creature projects
- Advanced knowledge of Python and VEX
- Grooming knowledge is a bonus but not essential
- Knowledge of Ziva muscle system also a bonus but not essential
- Good problem solving skills
- An appreciation of both the aesthetic and technical requirements of the role
- A good eye for detail
- A strong work ethic and a willingness to be involved in both development and shot execution
- The ability to work as part of a team in a challenging and deadline orientated environment
- A good understanding of pipeline and workflow issues
We Accept YOU
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger, more creative and ultimately better at what we do. Being respectful and kind to people irrespective of race, colour, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability is what we expect of everyone who works for One of Us. If you feel the same, come and join us.
One of Us as a force for good!
We care about our staff, clients, the community we work in and the world we live in. We want to have a positive impact for all of our stakeholders. This commitment means we have begun our journey to becoming a certified B Corp and not only make beautiful pictures, but to create a fairer, more sustainable future. Stay tuned for updates on our journey!