One of Us is looking for CFX artists; you will be responsible for creating a broad range of effects that work well with stylised CG and photorealistic characters/creatures. You have an excellent eye for detail and can work across a variety of projects from major motion pictures to episodic work. You create effects that look believable and are consistent with the overall look and feel of every individual project. You are comfortable building scalable, team-friendly CFX set-ups and thrive when working as a part of a team. Knowledge of Houdini is a must.
- Producing a wide variety of effects in Houdini, including but not limited to: muscles/skin, cloth, hair and fur
- A good understanding of setting up and running muscle and skin simulations in Houdini
- Exploring different approaches to interpret complex creative briefs and have a balance of artistic and technical skills
- Experience working with Vellum to develop your cloth and hair simulation skills
- Working with sculpt tools to include additional detail and clean-up to finalise simulation work
- Contributing to discussions around Houdini CFX pipeline and tools
- An understanding of Python and VEX
- Grooming knowledge is a bonus, but not essential
- Knowledge of Ziva muscle system also a bonus, but not essential
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A thorough knowledge of Houdini
- Previous experience on CG creature projects
- An understanding of Python and VEX
- Grooming knowledge is a bonus but not essential
- Knowledge of Ziva muscle system also a bonus but not essential
- Prior experience using Houdini to create creatures in commercials potentially a bonus.
- Previous use of Vellum in production a bonus
- Good problem solving skills
- An appreciation of both the aesthetic and technical requirements of the role
- A good eye for detail
- A strong work ethic, and a willingness to be involved in both development and shot execution
- The ability to work as part of a team in a challenging and deadline orientated environment
- A good understanding of pipeline and workflow issues
- Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to liaise across departments
- Experience with dynamic hair simulation, or other forms of dynamics
All roles, including hybrid/remote opportunities, at One of Us require candidates to reside in the UK or France, depending on the location of the role, or must be willing to relocate for the duration of the contract. All candidates must disclose if they have an existing Right to Work in the relevant country, or would require sponsorship support, i.e. Visa.
These positions are open for short-term contracts with potential extension to open-ended contracts. Successful candidates requiring a Visa to work in France will be informed of the necessary application process.
Ces postes sont ouverts aux contrats CDD avec extension potentielle à des contrats CDI. Les candidats retenus qui nécessiteraient un visa pour travailler sur le sol français recevront les détails nécessaires sur les démarches à suivre.
Veuillez noter que l'entretien se déroulera en anglais.
We Accept YOU
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger, more creative and ultimately better at what we do. Being respectful and kind to people irrespective of race, colour, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability is what we expect of everyone who works for One of Us. If you feel the same, come and join us.
One of Us as a force for good!
We care about our staff, clients, the community we work in and the world we live in. We want to have a positive impact for all of our stakeholders. This commitment means we have begun our journey to becoming a certified B Corp and not only make beautiful pictures, but to create a fairer, more sustainable future. Stay tuned for updates on our journey!