One of Us is looking for an additional Animation Supervisor to join our team.
The Animation Supervisor is responsible for the overall quality of the animation on a particular project, as well as for delivering consistent and compelling performances in line with the Director's vision.
- Manage, train and mentor a team of Animators
- Provide examples and benchmarks for the animation team to follow
- Work closely with the Animators to ensure the team are producing high quality animation which creates compelling, story-driven and action packed moments that fit within the style and pacing of the project
- Take responsibility for the quality of work across the team
- Work with rigging and pipeline to provide suggestions and feedback in order to improve character setup, visual quality, rigs and tool functionality
- Ensure ongoing communication with Production regarding the team's progress towards the schedule
- Overall responsibility for meeting show milestones and deadlines
- Attend client reviews and present work as required
- Lead internal daily reviews with the animation team
- Continue to become familiar with new tools, software, data and other related technologies
Skills and Experience:
- A thorough knowledge of Maya
- A strong grasp of physical motion, weight, balance, texture and form
- A demonstrable understanding of rigs and typical rigging set-ups, animation pipelines and transferring data between tools
- Knowledge of human and animal anatomy
- A demonstrable commitment to creative collaboration within a team and with other departments
- Previous experience supervising/leading a team
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Reliable, with good timekeeping and the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent organisational, communication, interpersonal and management skills
- Adaptability and the willingness to learn new processes and technical skills
We Accept YOU
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger, more creative and ultimately better at what we do. Being respectful and kind to people irrespective of race, colour, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability is what we expect of everyone who works for One of Us. If you feel the same, come and join us.
One of Us as a force for good!
We care about our staff, clients, the community we work in and the world we live in. We want to have a positive impact for all of our stakeholders. This commitment means we have begun our journey to becoming a certified B Corp and not only make beautiful pictures, but to create a fairer, more sustainable future. Stay tuned for updates on our journey!