Studio Runners are key members of our support team who are responsible for ensuring the smooth running of our studio, lead by the Office Manager, as well as providing minor maintenance, assisting the Tech Team and other administrative support. Whether you've just graduated or are looking for a career change - being a Studio Runner at One of Us is a great place to get started in VFX. If you have a passion for visual effects and are looking for your first opportunity in the industry, apply today! We are keen investors in talent and many of our Studio Runners progress to roles within our company across our Production, 2D and 3D departments.
What is the role?
The Studio Runner role is a varied, demanding, yet rewarding position. Providing support in a buzzing, creative studio environment means that no two days are the same and you are constantly on the go. You'll get to know every inch of our studio which will give you a unique insight into how everything works as well as getting to know a wide cross-section of the staff that make up our studio team. Studio Runners are also added to the Training and Development Program so they continue to develop their skills in their preferred specialty and build their knowledge of the VFX industry and VFX pipeline.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring kitchens and communal areas are clean, tidy and fully stocked throughout the day.
- Daily grocery shopping.
- Keeping up to date with studio events.
- Providing first-class hospitality service for client visits.
- Liaising with Production about requirements for meetings.
- Assisting with office administrative tasks.
- Lunch runs for busy staff
- Reception cover.
- External deliveries/pickups
- Keeping an up to date inventory of shoot equipment
What we are looking for?
- A clear, confident communicator
- A keen and willing learner
- A reliable, independent worker with a positive and sunny outlook
- A friendly, enthusiastic, quick thinker who is able to use their initiative
- Someone organised and happy to roll up their sleeves and work hard, multitask and get things done quickly and efficiently.
- Someone proactive who jumps into tasks and fixes problems when they arise
- An intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word and Google Docs
- Able to work shifts and availability for weekend work as required
- Customer service experience is an asset
- This role would be best suited for someone looking to progress into VFX Production teams
This position is full time for a fixed term term of 12 months. November start.
We Accept YOU
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger, more creative and ultimately better at what we do. Being respectful and kind to people irrespective of race, colour, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability is what we expect of everyone who works for One of Us. If you feel the same, come and join us.
One of Us as a force for good!
We care about our staff, clients, the community we work in and the world we live in. We want to have a positive impact for all of our stakeholders. This commitment means we have begun our journey to becoming a certified B Corp and not only make beautiful pictures, but to create a fairer more sustainable future. Stay tuned for updates on our journey!