A Matchmove Roto Animation Artist is responsible for delivering high quality character Roto Animation for feature film. They would be working closely alongside Animators to create animation to match the movement & silhouette of the subject that also behaves realistically in 3D space. Due to visa restrictions candidates need to be eligible to work in the UK or Europe.
• To roto-animate characters to accurately match the plate photography at the the high level of detail required for feature film.
• Work closely with Roto Animation Supervisor to create an accurate 3d representation of characters and objects in both screen and 3D space for a variety of VFX criteria (eg: CG take over digital character augmentation etc).
• To be able to follow direction and take ownership of your tasks.
• To be able to confidently flag when there are issues and lack of clarity of your tasks informing relevant supervisors and production managers.
• Maintain a positive attitude & accept direction/feedback.
• To be conscious of continuity between scenes when working with other Roto Animation Artists on the same character / rig
• Organize their time, collaborate, and effectively communicate with their supervisors and team mates
• Liaison with Layout/Animation departments to ensure their work is being correctly implemented downstream.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Similar role with 2 years experience within feature film preferable.
• Knowledge of 3D animation toolsets, comprehensive knowledge of Maya required.
• The candidate must thrive in a team environment and enjoy working with other artists.
• Candidates should demonstrate a good eye for detail and precision with strong problem-solving skills and be able to self evaluate their work.
• Able to deliver results to a high standard with the aid and direction of the Roto Animation Leads / Supervisors needs and requirements.
• Fundamental understanding of character animation & human motion.
• A broad understanding of the overall VFX workflow and needs/requirements of other departments/disciplines.
• Ability to be adaptable and accepting of changes in a production schedule.
• Aware of project schedules and capable of delivering work to deadlines.
• Good communication skills both technically and creatively.
We Accept YOU
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger, more creative and ultimately better at what we do. Being respectful and kind to people irrespective of race, colour, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability is what we expect of everyone who works for One of Us. If you feel the same, come and join us.
One of Us as a force for good!
We care about our staff, clients, the community we work in and the world we live in. We want to have a positive impact for all of our stakeholders. This commitment means we have begun our journey to becoming a certified B Corp and not only make beautiful pictures, but to create a fairer more sustainable future. Stay tuned for updates on our journey!