One of Us is looking to grow the Matchmove team and we have vacancies coming up for both experienced and entry level positions across Film and TV projects.
Matchmove Artists are responsible for creating CG cameras and other motion files that adopt the same movements as the original background plate. They may also be responsible for modelling geometry in the background plate to allow reconstruction of the static surroundings. This enables the live action to seamlessly interact with the CG elements. The motion files created (camera, object or body track) are then passed down to other artists via the VFX pipeline.
- Creating motion files, including a camera and/or the object, that match the original background plate photography
- Geometric reconstruction of important static objects in the scene
- Reconstructing the placement of motion files (camera or object track) in the 3D set in order to quality control the accuracy of each track
- Collaborating with other departments as required to ensure that the CG elements are seamlessly incorporated into the shot
- Rendering wireframes of the scene geometry to be rendered and composited over the original plate to help judge the accuracy of each track
- Work well in a team environment and take direction from the Lead and Production team
- An educational background in Computer Graphics, Animation or another related course
- A strong understanding of the basic principles of computer graphics
- Basic knowledge in Maya, Linux and a compositing package
- Good communication and team working skills
- The ability to efficiently meet deadlines
- A good understanding of photography and the effects of different lenses on perspective
- Mel and/or Python scripting skills
- Native stereo experience
These positions are open for short-term contracts with potential extension to open-ended contracts. Successful candidates requiring a Visa to work in France will be informed of the necessary application process.
Ces postes sont ouverts aux contrats CDD avec extension potentielle à des contrats CDI. Les candidats retenus qui nécessiteraient un visa pour travailler sur le sol français recevront les détails nécessaires sur les démarches à suivre.
Veuillez noter que l'entretien se déroulera en anglais.
We Accept YOU
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger, more creative and ultimately better at what we do. Being respectful and kind to people irrespective of race, colour, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability is what we expect of everyone who works for One of Us. If you feel the same, come and join us.
One of Us as a force for good!
We care about our staff, clients, the community we work in and the world we live in. We want to have a positive impact for all of our stakeholders. This commitment means we have begun our journey to becoming a certified B Corp and not only make beautiful pictures, but to create a fairer, more sustainable future. Stay tuned for updates on our journey!