Our FX TDs generate FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems for feature film visual effects. They are responsible for lighting, rendering and moderate-level compositing of complex shots with guidance from their One Of Us supervisors.
- Designs and creates FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems
- Light complex/multiple creatures and elements
- Can set-up and wrangle heavy particle effects shots
- Excellent pipeline scripting ability
- Solid compositing ability, can wrangle blue-screen extractions, working knowledge of Nuke
- Can write plug-ins, debug simulations and write set up and surface shaders with proficiency
- Can write/hack procedural surface shaders and volumetric shaders with proficiency
- Can animate moderate objects with proficiency
- Can pick-up new techniques quickly and easily and can debug just about anything
- Sets a standard for all Technical Directors in continually raising the bar for speed, quality of work and adaptability
- Create feature film quality effects using Houdini
What we are looking for:
- Proven production experience or feature film experience with effects simulation work
- Advanced simulation experience with Houdini, and the ability to write expressions
- Ability to work with competency, energy and enthusiasm within a team environment with minimal supervision to complete a shot
- Exhibits excellent listening and communication skills, able to receive direction and criticism
- Excellent presentation/communication skills in dailies/shot review by clearly and briefly outlining what has been accomplished and what next should be addressed in the shot
- Engages in the creative process without ego, and accepts all final decisions with a positive and supportive attitude
- Demonstrates an excellent aesthetic eye, anticipating potential problems and using knowledge of how to use the tools to achieve the desired look
- Demonstrates superb problem-solving skills and takes the initiative to offer ideas and suggestions
- Prioritises tasks and manages time very well
- Linux and scripting ability in Python desirable
These positions are open for short-term contracts with potential extension to open-ended contracts. Successful candidates requiring a Visa to work in France will be informed of the necessary application process.
Ces postes sont ouverts aux contrats CDD avec extension potentielle à des contrats CDI. Les candidats retenus qui nécessiteraient un visa pour travailler sur le sol français recevront les détails nécessaires sur les démarches à suivre.
Veuillez noter que l'entretien se déroulera en anglais.
We Accept YOU
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger, more creative and ultimately better at what we do. Being respectful and kind to people irrespective of race, colour, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability is what we expect of everyone who works for One of Us. If you feel the same, come and join us.
One Of Us as a force for good!
We care about our staff, clients, the community we work in and the world we live in. We want to have a positive impact for all of our stakeholders. This commitment means we have begun our journey to becoming a certified B Corp and not only make beautiful pictures, but to create a fairer, more sustainable future. Stay tuned for updates on our journey!