At One of Us, VFX Line Producers are central to VFX project management. They liaise with all aspects of production and post-production: Director, Editor, external VFX Supervisor and Producer, internal Producers and Supervisors as well as artists. Working closely with, and on behalf of the internal VFX Producer, they strategise and implement tasks and targets, crucial to the delivery of the project on time and on budget.
- Work with the Producer, Leads and Supervisors to create, implement and run the schedule, track and manage the workflow through the departments and meet internal and external deadlines
- Oversee Coordinators and ensure the good organisation of dailies, rounds and meetings and the taking of notes and follow up of information
- Ensure the production database is kept updated daily with notes and critical information
- Communicate information quickly and succinctly to the crew and other departments in person and not simply via e-mail
- Anticipate and communicate issues to the Producer and Supervisor in order to resolve problems quickly
- Maintain an accurate summary of the project's progress based on the previous day's artists work
- Take responsibility for knowing the details of the schedule and advising the Coordinators accordingly
- Oversee the execution of client deliveries for all temps and finals
- Manage edits alongside the Editorial department
- Manage resources and communicate coherently with other support departments
- Help to maintain a positive, upbeat and professional production office
- Be pro-active and solution-orientated
- Other ad hoc duties as may reasonably be required
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience at Senior VFX Coordinator or Production Manager level
- Highly organised with first-class time/project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The proven ability to prioritise conflicting tasks
- The ability to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work within a team towards a common goal
- An in-depth understanding of live-action and CG based VFX workflows
- An in-depth understanding of common file formats and resolutions
- Knowledge of production database tools e.g. Shotgun
- A good knowledge of MS Office packages
- Previous scheduling experience
- Basic Linux skills
- Basic Avid/editorial knowledge
- Lateral thinking skills
We Accept YOU
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger, more creative and ultimately better at what we do. Being respectful and kind to people irrespective of race, colour, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability is what we expect of everyone who works for One of Us. If you feel the same, come and join us.
One of Us as a force for good!
We care about our staff, clients, the community we work in and the world we live in. We want to have a positive impact for all of our stakeholders. This commitment means we have begun our journey to becoming a certified B Corp and not only make beautiful pictures, but to create a fairer more sustainable future. Stay tuned for updates on our journey!