The VFX Producer’s primary role is to ensure proper management of the budget and production schedule for every show that falls under their responsibility. Working with various departments on an ongoing basis, the VFX Producer ensures ongoing adherence to the schedule and budget established between production and the client.
This includes working with the VFX Supervisor and other Department Supervisors to establish and communicate plans and milestones for each project, communicating with clients on changes and closely following project budgets.
- Participating in the evaluation of costs and bidding for potential projects in collaboration with the VFX Supervisor
- Ensuring client satisfaction, cost efficiency and profit generation in conjunction with the VFX Supervisor
- Communicating regularly on the status of projects and continually emphasising a positive and collaborative working relationship with our clients
- Bidding new work on projects and assessing scope changes and cost overruns during the course of a project alongside the VFX Supervisor
- Recommending and providing solutions and bids for new shots or client changes throughout the project, whilst ensuring respect of deadlines and budgets
- Overseeing general scheduling and preparation of project plans, including performance targets and milestones
- Planning on-set supervision and initiating, approving and budgeting overtime, as needed
- Supervising the progress and efficiency of projects, keeping a thorough tracking of the schedule and budget, ensuring it is in line with the initial quote, the project plan and that it meets the requirements to optimise production
- Monitoring budget and spend, ensuring all data related to the project is up to date in our ShotGrid Database and generating any budget reports that might be required.
- Forecasting scheduling and budgeting issues along with client changes that may arise
- Confirming any additional necessary resources needed throughout the completion of projects
- Maintaining regular communication with the Production team, including the VFX Supervisor and Coordinators on all necessary information relating to work in progress
- Ensuring in-person turn-overs with artists and the VFX team are completed by the Supervisors
- Performing post-mortem meetings and assessments, identifying areas for improvement and ensuring that all issues are addressed going forward.
What we are looking for:
- Previous production experience in the VFX industry
- An excellent understanding of the VFX production process from concept to completion
- Good familiarity with post-production pipelines, techniques and software
- Good knowledge of MS Office packages (including Word, Excel and Project) and G Suite
- Advanced knowledge in ShotGrid, or industry standard database software equivalent
All roles, including hybrid/remote opportunities, at One of Us require candidates to reside in the UK or France, depending on the location of the role, or must be willing to relocate for the duration of the contract. All candidates must disclose if they have an existing Right to Work in the relevant country, or would require sponsorship support, i.e. Visa.
We Accept YOU
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger, more creative and ultimately better at what we do. Being respectful and kind to people irrespective of race, colour, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability is what we expect of everyone who works for One of Us. If you feel the same, come and join us.
One of Us as a force for good!
We care about our staff, clients, the community we work in and the world we live in. We want to have a positive impact for all of our stakeholders. This commitment means we have begun our journey to becoming a certified B Corp and not only make beautiful pictures, but to create a fairer, more sustainable future. Stay tuned for updates on our journey!