At One of Us, our FX TD's generate FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems for feature film visual effects. They are responsible for lighting, rendering and moderate-level compositing of complex shots with guidance from their One of Us supervisors.
- Designing and creating FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems
- Light complex/multiple creatures and elements
- Setting up and wrangling heavy particle effects shots
- Excellent pipeline scripting ability
- Solid compositing ability, wrangling blue-screen extractions, working knowledge of Nuke
- Writing plug-ins, debugging simulations and writing set up and surface shaders with proficiency
- Writing and hacking procedural surface shaders and volumetric shaders with proficiency
- Animating moderate objects with proficiency
- Picking up new techniques quickly and easily and have the ability to debug just about anything
- Setting a standard for all Technical Directors in continually raising the bar for speed, quality of work and adaptability
- Creating feature film quality effects using Houdini
What we are looking for:
- Proven production experience or feature film experience with effects simulation work
- Advanced simulation experience with Houdini and the ability to write expressions
- Ability to work with competency, energy and enthusiasm within a team environment with minimal supervision to complete a shot
- Exhibiting excellent listening and communication skills, able to receive direction and criticism
- Excellent presentation/communication skills in dailies/shot review by clearly and briefly outlining what has been accomplished and what next should be addressed in the shot
- Engaging in the creative process without ego and accepting all final decisions with a positive and supportive attitude
- Demonstrating an excellent aesthetic eye, anticipating potential problems and using knowledge of how to use the tools to achieve the desired look
- Demonstrating superb problem-solving skills and taking the initiative to offer ideas and suggestions
- Prioritising tasks and managing time very well
- Linux and scripting ability in Python desirable
All roles, including hybrid/remote opportunities, at One of Us require candidates to reside in the UK or France, depending on the location of the role, or must be willing to relocate for the duration of the contract. All candidates must disclose if they have an existing Right to Work in the relevant country, or would require sponsorship support, i.e. Visa.
We Accept YOU
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger, more creative and ultimately better at what we do. Being respectful and kind to people irrespective of race, colour, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability is what we expect of everyone who works for One of Us. If you feel the same, come and join us.
One of Us as a force for good!
We care about our staff, clients, the community we work in and the world we live in. We want to have a positive impact for all of our stakeholders. This commitment means we have begun our journey to becoming a certified B Corp and not only make beautiful pictures, but to create a fairer, more sustainable future. Stay tuned for updates on our journey!